Barnes & Noble VP, BN.com in New York, New York
NY-New York (Midtown)
The VP, BN.com leads the BN.com eCommerce website team with the responsibility of extending the in-store experience beyond the four walls of Brick & Mortar stores, engaging and marketing to our in-store and online customers, increasing customer satisfaction and driving sales (online and in-store) to achieve revenue targets, incorporating a mobile strategy and developing leaders from within the organization. As a highly collaborative leader, the successful candidate will work well within a matrixed organization to execute company strategy, develop and execute long-term roadmaps and initiatives and be a thought leader for future strategic direction on BN.com and Barnes & Noble.
• Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the bn.com eCommerce website and all company mobile properties.
• Employ innovative new methods and approaches to uncover rich consumer insights; utilizing qualitative and quantitative research that yields a greater number of new customers and/or increases retention of existing customers.
• Ensure key decisions that drive strategy and the customer experience are based on relevant insights and consumer data, well-communicated to gain consensus with stakeholders and executed effectively.
• Lead analysis of current omni-channel environment to detect areas of opportunity and recommend strategies to execute on those opportunities. Work collaboratively to ensure execution of key initiatives within merchandising, marketing, planning and retail for cross-channel optimization.
• Define metrics, methodologies and appropriate dashboards to track and analyze e-commerce in alignment with total company revenue and profitable goals.
• Drive website usability improvements, including navigation, product ordering, product page optimization and other merchandising driven usability efforts.
• Manage relationships with third-party vendors to ensure delivery of services against contract standards for operational effectiveness and optimal value generation.
• Partner with the Stores, Creative, Marketing, and Merchandising organizations to identify mechanisms for consumer business input and develop actionable responses that drive business performance.
• Create fact-based competitive analysis and anticipate competitive responses and plans. Track and report on competitive activity and provide recommendations for brand initiatives.
• Provide data-based insights to senior management that are timely and brief, yet comprehensive, including suggestions for action.
• Identify consumer driven trends and recommend opportunities.
• Build systems and processes to collect, mine and manage brand insights across all relevant functional areas.
• Forecast customer growth and value; measure acquisition, reactivation and retention metrics and economics; Lead organization to adopt long-term value and profitability measures.
• Deliver annual budgets and produce business plans that include short and long-term roadmaps.
• Must have strong project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic thinker.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a deep understanding of site analytics, sales and financial data.
• Deep knowledge of industry resources, custom research methodologies & common practices.
• Intelligent, creative, and business savvy individual who demonstrates good judgement and is tuned in to the pulse of the organization.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Direct people leadership/management experience. Strong track record of developing future leaders.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable communicating with partners and all levels of management, both internal and external.
• Proven ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree required along with a minimum of ten years proven experience in Technology, eCommerce and eCommerce Operations preferred.
• Minimum 7 years delivering customer-driven strategies, innovation insights, market research, future trends, or related field for consumer facing companies
• Success within big retail, multi-business line, and/or consumer-based organization
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.