Barnes & Noble Manager, Digital Marketing in New York, New York
Manager, Digital Marketing
NY-New York (Midtown)
Barnes & Noble is looking for an experienced digital marketing manager to join our Digital Marketing Team. This is a hands-on role, where you will have direct responsibility for Barnes & Nobles Digital Advertising initiatives. This position will manage: Paid Search, Shopping and Programmatic with a strong focus on bid management, optimization, analysis, and reporting; oversight of our Affiliate Program; and management of display advertising and re-targeting campaigns.
• Management, planning and optimization of digital channels including SEM, Product Listing Ads, Affiliate, Display, Retargeting, and other various digital partnerships.
• Provide day-to-day primary point of contact between internal and our media agency of record.
• Conceptualize, create and plan digital marketing campaigns that support company-wide initiatives including annual events, seasonal promotions, and ad hoc promotions.
• Grow and optimize affiliate marketing program. Recruit for and manage the Barnes & Noble Affiliate Partner Program. Monitor execution compliance and optimize program through analysis and testing.
• Work across the business to ensure marketing flows and aligns with on-site and in-store experiences. Develop programs to drive in store traffic and cross channel shopping.
• Assist in developing and executing on digital channel testing plan that includes ad copy, landing page optimization and various targeting options to increase conversions.
• Manage usage of data management platform along with agency and vendor including, implementation (i.e., DMP tagging, categorization and data usage) and on-going management (i.e., segment creation, reporting, strategy and refinement). Participate in Lead Client Kick-Off Calls and Weekly Status Calls
• Own data on-boarding efforts related to digital marketing including management of on-boarding partners and alignment to segmentation strategy.
• Act as the point of contact for any new tagging requests or issues with existing tags, ensuring continuous and accurate data capture.
• Deliver robust, performance-oriented analytics & insights across all marketing channels/vehicles. Build data-driven analysis and insights rigor to improve campaign effectiveness
• Proactively identify new digital marketing activations and technology/platforms to help drive brand awareness, sales and customer acquisition and oversee ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field a must.
• 3-5 years of eCommerce marketing experience. Prior retail experience strongly preferred.
• Hands-on experience with paid search and shopping (knowledge of social/affiliate/display/natural search is a plus). Agency experience is a preferred, especially if worked on large complex accounts.
• Power user and strong proficiency in using 3rd party software platforms such as Google AdWords, Kenshoo/ Marin, Facebook Ads Manager, Web analytics reporting tools like Google Analytics, Omniture preferred. Google AdWords, and Facebook Ads Certification a plus.
• Possesses a deep understanding and experience using Data Management Platform & Data On-boarding partners such as SalesForce DMP (formerly Krux) and LiveRamp, Multi-touch attribution, with a passion for the ad tech industry.
• Proficient in advanced Excel techniques, building macros, pivot tables, filters, formulas and v-look ups.
• Understands XML APIs and Data Feeds.
• Attention to detail, ability to work independently in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment necessary.
• Self-motivated, but takes directions well and a passion for books & literature a plus.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.