Barnes & Noble Digital Merchandiser - eBooks in New York, New York
Digital Merchandiser - eBooks
NY-New York (Midtown)
The Digital Merchandiser eBooks will be a key member of the Digital Merchandising team, responsible for recommending and executing customer-focused strategies for designated product lines across digital channels (web, mobile, NOOK device.) This role will work cross-functionally with the Digital Experience, Product Data, Analytics, and other leaders in the organization, to identify digital channel opportunities to maximize sales and profitability goals and related business objectives.
• Develop and own merchandising programs to drive business goals for incremental sales, customer engagement, etc.
• Recommend and implement digital (web, mobile, NOOK device) merchandising placements in pursuit of business goals.
• Develop and implement product promotions and associated merchandising across all channels and platforms.
• Maintain merchandising of storefronts, subject pages, product detail pages, etc. for ebooks across all digital commerce channels in alignment and support of overall digital strategy.
• Cultivate relationships with publishers and outside vendors to develop product and category expertise.
• Partner with editorial, social media, email marketing, and other partners to develop and support projects and programs in those channels.
• Use available analytics to develop an understanding of digital customer behavior along designated product lines.
• Bachelor’s degree in literary, media, or business area of study preferred.
• 3+ years retail, publishing or media industry experience.
• The ideal candidate will be a motivated and independent self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills, organized with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office products, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.