Barnes & Noble Automation Controls Technician-2nd Shift in Monroe Township, New Jersey
Automation Controls Technician-2nd Shift
Maintains, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs Conveyor controls Sorter Controls and Building Automation controls. Works with Conveyor and Sorter PLCs, VFDs, Other control equipment, Photo-eyes, Relays, Motors, Scanners, Cameras, Printer applicators, Electrical equipment, Pneumatic and Hydraulic controls. May also work with and other equipment to keep the Material Handling Equipment and Facility Control Equipment operating efficiently with minimum down-time. Works independently and in a team environment with technicians and vendors. Must be the subject matter expert on controls systems and must be able to lead and train others on controls, electrical and related troubleshooting practices including creating documented procedures.
• Must be able to perform PLC troubleshooting and maintenance and of Controlnet, Devicenet Ethernet and Profibus Control networks including updates, upgrades, installations and commissioning.
•Must be able to write and modify PLC ladder logic programs and document program changes
• Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and repair control, motor, servo and other devices including wiring issues.
• Reads schematics and electrical drawings and updates Cad drawings as necessary.
• Maintain logs and spreadsheets to analyze, track and communicate technical issues effectively.
• Learning ability for existing and new technology and to identify areas for improvements.
• Train maintenance team members to troubleshoot control equipment properly in a safe manner.
• Working at heights with the use of ladders, Man lifts, Forklifts, works inside and outdoors as necessary.
• Exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, fumes, airborne particles, heat or cold.
• Must be able to crouch, sit and stand for long periods of time and to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs
Technical/Associates degree preferred or a combination of 7 years training/practical experience including control circuits and motors circuits 12v DC up to 480v AC – 3 phase.
Ladder Logic programming experience required with Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, Controlnet, Devicenet and Ethernet networks. Formal Allen Bradly training courses a plus. Siemens S7 and Profibus experience a plus.
Knowledge of proper terminology, components, hardware, repairs parts and use of lifts, meters and tools.
Previous experience in a team environment including leading and training team members and practicing safe work habits.
Must have excellent organizational, analytical and documentation skills. Computer proficiency including Microsoft office, Outlook. Word, Excel required.
Must have the ability and desire to work a flexible schedule and work overtime as scheduled and when necessary to support projects and the operations needs of the facility.
Must be able to respond quickly and accurately to downtime emergencies including remotely connecting and supporting operations as necessary.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.